Office of First-Year Initiatives: COVID-19 Notification
The Office of First Year-Initiatives is in solidarity with all our campus community, and all communities experiencing this global health crisis. Despite these most uncertain circumstances, we will continue to provide support to our students in order to achieve excellence.
As of Monday, March 16th and until further notice, the First-Year Initiatives physical office will be closed; however we will continue to provide services virtually.
Students: please feel free to reach out to your respective coach by remind, email, phone and google hangouts. Stay connected and let us know how we can support you during this unprecedented time.
For more information on COVID-19 and campus announcements, please click on the link above.
Take care and stay safe,
The Office of First-Year Initiatives
The Office of First-Year Initiatives is committed to:
- Advocating for and empowering students as they navigate the transition from high school to college;
- Building and cultivating meaningful relationships with students;
- Engaging in active listening to foster an environment conducive to personal and academic growth, while assisting students with understanding the purpose and goal of higher education;
- Providing timely and directed coaching, planning, and resource referrals, and a collaborative and supportive environment;
- Promoting student engagement on campus in ways that leads to student success;
- Respecting and valuing the diversity of UIC students, their perspectives, life experiences, interest, worldviews, and cultures;
- Liaising between students, advisors, and support services in order to foster a collaboration that results in student success.